What is this for
"Select-UP" add-on makes a selection of complex objects packed into collections much convenient.
Having a complex scene with lots of complex objects packed into their own collections can deliver some difficulties to select the desired whole object by clicking all of its parts. With the "Select-UP" add-on if objects are wrapped to their own collections you can select them with a few clicks. Select any object element and then each press of the "Select Level Up" selects all of its elements by one level up based on its collection.
How to use
- Select any element of the complex object wrapped to collection
- First pressing "Select Level Up" selects all the elements of this object from its collection
- Each next pressing "Select Level Up" selects all the objects from the collection by one level up (parent collection)
Watch this video for more info
- Download *.zip archive with the add-on distributive
- In Blender: User Preferences — Add-ons — Install Add-on From File — specify downloaded archive
- "3D Viewport" window — N panel — "S-UP" tab
- "Outliner" window - "arrow up"
- The "Select" menu
- The context menu by "shift+g" key shot
2.80, 2.81, 2.82, 2.83, 2.90, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93, 3.0
Current add-on version